Both Doctors and Nurses are dedicated to maximising the health of our Diabetic patients. We encourage regular review for diabetic patients for the purposes of health promotion, and screening for Diabetic complications. The following services are available:
- Full diagnostic screening tests: are available i.e. fasting glucose tests and Glucose tolerance tests, as well as monitoring blood tests e.g. HbA1C.
- Management & Surveillance: either the doctor or the nurse for ongoing diabetic management, and surveillance for complications may review Diabetics.
- Advice: on diet, exercise, lifestyle, and blood sugar monitoring will be given.
- Further examinations: for example: foot care; healthy heart (including E.C.G.Test); and kidney function monitoring will be offered.
- Integrated Care: Where appropriate we will also liaise with other relevant healthcare professionals, regarding comprehensive integrated diabetic care.